The Magpul Zhukov Hand Guard is a fully-featured AK forearm for the modern AK. The Zhukov Hand Guard casts aside traditional AK forearm shortcomings and offers an extended option for modern shooting techniques, an aluminum chassis for strength and heat dispersion, a comfortable injection molded exterior for superior ergonomics, and M-LOK slots for optimized accessory attachment.
Installation Requires Permanent Removal of the Hand Guard Retainer
Compatible with the Ultimak gas tube rail for optics mounting, the Zhukov Hand Guard redefines functionality for the modern AK platform.
• Extended length provides large gripping surface for modern shooting techniques as well as
additional accessory mounting positions
• Mounts to most AK-47/AKM/AK-74 rifles with barrels between 16.75-18.25 mm in
diameter under the hand guard and greater than 13" in length
• Full length, hard anodized, aluminum chassis clamps directly to barrel and provides for
flex-free mounting as well as excellent heat shielding
• Durable polymer outer cover
• Slots at the 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions for M-LOK accessories or M-LOK 1913 Picatinny rail sections
• Includes replacement polymer Top Cover
• Compatible with UltiMAK Optics Mount top cover
• Zhukov Hand Guard
• Weight, w/ Top Cover: 15.1 oz.
• Length, maximum: 11.7 in.
• Width: 1.8 in.
• Height, w/o Top Cover: 2.1 in.
*NOTE: The Zhukov Hand Guard requires the permanent removal of the factory hand guard retaining cap and forward sling mount if so equipped. Please ensure your barrel diameter under the hand guard falls between 16.75-18.25 millimeters before cutting your retaining cap!
Due to the wide range of tolerances of your typical AK, minor additional fitting may be required. Not compatible with Yugo pattern rifles
WARNING: Due to extended Hand Guard length, barrels less than 13” long are not recommended.
Specifications based on factory configuration. Weight of Top Cover 1.1 oz.