The Magpul STR (Storage/Type Restricted) is a drop-in replacement buttstock for AR-15/M4 carbines using mil-spec sized receiver extension tubes. A storage-capable version of the CTR, the STR has improved cheek weld and two water resistant battery tubes on a compact, reinforced polymer A-frame design.
A shielded operation lever and supplemental friction locking system prevent accidental operation and minimize excessive stock movement for enhanced weapon stability and accuracy.* The STR incorporates two integral sling loops, a reversible push-button QD sling mount, and a replaceable 0.30" thick rubber butt-pad which provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage even with body armor or modular gear. Made in U.S.A.
• Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Colt, Armalite, S&W, LMT, and others (please see the note below)
• Two water-resistant battery storage tubes located on the left and right sides of the stockEach tube will store up to two (2) CR123A lithium or AA batteries
• Tubes are accessible from the rear in any stock position via a hand-removable rubber plug
• Supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy robbing wobble*
• Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
• Sloping cheek weld provides a wide contact surface for user comfort
• Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
• Replaceable 0.30" Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
• Compatible with Magpul ASAP, ASAP QD, and other receiver-mount sling attachments
• Sling MountsRear – Reversible Type 1 Sling Mount fits up to 1.5" push-button QD swivels (swivel not included)
• Rear/Bottom – 1.25" sling loops
NOTE: There are two basic sizes of M4 Carbine receiver extensions (buffer tubes): mil-spec and commercial-spec. If you have a commercial-spec extension on your rifle, make sure to order the Commercial-Spec STR.