The Magpul ACS (Adaptable Carbine/Storage) – Commercial-Spec Model is a drop-in replacement buttstock for AR-15/M4 carbines using commercial-spec sized receiver extension tubes. Dual, rear accessible, water-resistant battery storage tubes and an integral storage compartment in the butt of the stock provides multiple storage options.
Similar to the Magpul CTR, the ACS also features an anti-snag release latch to prevent accidental activation along with a supplemental friction lock system that minimizes excessive stock movement for enhanced weapon stability and accuracy. The ACS comes standard with a 0.30" thick rubber butt-pad which provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage even with body armor or modular gear. Made in U.S.A.
· Mounts on commercial-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Bushmaster, DPMS, Olympic, and others (please see the note below)
· Sloping cheek weld provides a wide contact surface for user comfort
· Two water-resistant battery storage tubes located on the left and right sides of the stock
· Each tube will store up to three CR123 lithium or two AA batteries
· Tubes are accessible from the rear via a tethered, hand-removable rubber plug
· Storage compartment in tail of stock with positive latching access door on right hand side
· Supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy robbing wobble
· Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
· Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
· Replaceable 0.30" Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
· Compatible with Magpul ASAP, ASAP QD, and other receiver-mount sling attachments
· Sling MountsMid – Included reversible Sling Mount Kit – TYPE 3 fits up to 1.5" push-button swivels (swivel not included)
· Rear/Bottom - 1.00" sling loop
NOTE: There are two basic sizes of M4 Carbine receiver extensions (buffer tubes): mil-spec and commercial-spec. If you have a mil-spec extension on your rifle, make sure to order the Mil-Spec ACS.