The HK45 Compact Tactical builds on the tough, military lineage of the Heckler & Koch HK45 series of handguns to devise the ultimate operator’s pistol. The HK45 pistol series (compact and full-size models) were chosen as the first firearms made at HK’s American manufacturing facility so it is only fitting that a modified variant would be adopted as the new pistol of a major U.S. special operations unit. The HK45 Compact Tactical (CT) is the closest a civilian can get to that military pistol. The HK45 CT comes standard with a threaded barrel, 10-round magazine with extended floorplate, and replaceable grip panels to adjust the feel and grip circumference of the pistol to suit individual hand size and shooting preferences. The HK45 pistol series were originally developed as candidates for the U.S. military’s next generation handgun competition so there is little wonder that the HK45 CT is so well-suited for military, law enforcement, and security use. Each HK45 CT comes standard with an extra backstrap for a custom fit for each shooter’s hand.
An HK proprietary internal mechanical recoil reduction system reduces the recoil forces affecting the weapon and shooter by as much as 30%, improving shooter control during rapid firing and prolonging component service life. An “O-ring” barrel means better slide-to-barrel lockup and enhanced accuracy. And the threaded barrel on the HK45 CT is made using the famous HK cold-hammer forging process for superior performance. The HK45 Compact Tactical uses all HK45 magazines, from 10-rounders to the smaller capacity 8-round magazine. A Picatinny MIL-STD-1913 rail for mounting lights and accessories is molded into the polymer frame of the HK45 Compact Tactical.
The HK45 Compact Tactical is currently available with a “decock only” (V3) control lever mode found on its special operations counterpart or with a decock and manual safety (V1) control lever function. The HK45 CT can also be converted to a variety of other kinds of trigger firing modes including HK’s enhanced double action only “LEM” (Law Enforcement Modification) mode. The HK45 CT is currently being assembled at HK’s American manufacturing facility in Newington, New Hampshire.
• Integral MIL STD 1913 (Picatinny) rail molded into the polymer frame dust cover for mounting lights, laser aimers, and other accessories
• Ergonomic grip profiles with user replaceable grip panels to adjust the feel and grip circumference of the weapon to suit individual operator hand size and shooting preference
• HK45 grip-to-slide angle matches Model 1911’s profile
• Common high-capacity metal magazines with a capacity of 10 rounds (for both HK45 and HK45 Compact models).
• Ambidextrous controls with dual slide releases and enlarged magazine release
• Uses the proven modified Browning linkless recoil operating system
• O-ring barrel for precise barrel-to-slide lockup
• Polygonal rifling for longer barrel life and better accuracy
• Improved ergonomic control levers (safety and/or decocking)
• Low profile drift adjustable 3-dot sights
• Contoured and radiused slide with forward slide (grasping) grooves and anti-glare longitudinal ribs
|Product||H&K HK45 45 ACP (V1)|
|Magazine Capacity||10 Rounds|
|Barrel Length||4.53 in|