Pavillion Gun Show

Soapbox is a forum for people to comment on current events and culture.

Moderator: Doc@The-Armory

norfdet

Pavillion Gun Show

Post by norfdet » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:47 pm

Ok, I gotta say that this show REALLY SUCKED! Where did the GUN in Gun Show go? I am sick and tired of going to shows and seeing TOY, JEWELRY, FUDGE, FOOD, AIR SOFT, etc all over the place. They advertised this show as being over 300 tables. What they should have advertised was that it was about 290 tables of C.R.A.P! Hampton shows have become alot better since they built the new conference center. This one today was absurd. It's a dam good thing that the Armory exist otherwise there would be no salvation left.

The Pavillion toady was like a friggin swap meet. It should have been advertised as the areas largest garage sale. There were only about a hanful of actual gun dealers, which is far less than there usually was. The guy from Backwoods leather was not there. I was in his shop Friday and he said that he is getting ready for the Hampton show. I guess I should have taken this as a clue. From what I can remember the Pavillion shows were always crap but I attributed that to the fact that Va. Beach was one of the last communist places that still required a purchase permit and who ever had one on a Saturday or Sunday. I think it would behoove someone to take this bull by the horns and start an actual honest to goodness gun show with nothing but tables of GUN vendors. Leave the toys, fudge and other crap to that DAM craft show that my wife keeps dragging me to at the Pavillion once a year. Atleast if the knives and other junk was there it would give guys a reason to hang out there with their wives.

Perhaps then I would consider buying some beef jerkey and an airsoft MP5 to take out the blue haired old bags that keep stepping on my toes when I am there and constantly stopping in the middle of the aisle while I am trying like hell to get out of there. One burst of yellow pelletts in the back of the head might get them moving again. :D
Now, WHO IS WITH ME!!!!!!!! :n

scottc

I agree with Ya!!!

Post by scottc » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:58 am

I did not start going to guns shows till I started working at the Armory, and from the first one I did at Hampton to all the others I have gone to as a worker or as a customer I really have not been impressed. I can understand the beef jerky, it goes well with gun oil, but the plasic garbage and trinkets are enough to make a manly outing turn into a lesson on pussification.

I would really like to see more used gun dealers there, the new gun dealers don't need to show up, you've got the Armory there. Sorry I had to put the shameless plug in. But I want to see more collectibles and higher quality stuff.

For example there are some outstanding venders of knives, but most of them are selling Chinese crap I can get at K-Mart for less. Don't need you there, but thanks. I think The promoters need to re-evaluate letting anyone who wants a table at these shows to get one.

From the way my uncle use to talk about gun shows in the past they were a sight to behold, just wish I was able to see one like that.

Scott

norfdet

Post by norfdet » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:22 pm

I agree. It seems that gun shows years ago were much better in that there were more used gun dealers there. You would think that will all of the PD trade-ins that are hitting the market that there would be more used guns there. The other thing that these shows are full of are the mom and pop tables that looks like a junk sale from there garage and in a glass case somewhere is a Taurus or WWII pistol (the owner probably bought it back with him) and they want about 300% more than it is worth. I am not sure how or if this will ever be remedied, until then I guess this is the best that we can hope for. They did have a weapon stolen from one of the dealers. It was an MP5 look alike. I think that it was priced at around 1,200.00. None of this vendors stuff was tied down with a cable. For that matter alot of the vendors just had their stuff laying around.

scottc

Stolen?

Post by scottc » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:30 pm

It was stolen from this show?
That is a rough loss, do you know which vender?

Scott

norfdet

Post by norfdet » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:55 pm

I think that it was Patriot but don't quote me.

Splitter

Post by Splitter » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:03 pm

I went, and you both are right, it sucked. I was looking for a new holster and had no luck AT ALL. The one leather holster vendor barely spoke english, and had no clue about firearms.

I won't be going to any more VB "gun" shows. I'll stick to the Hampton shows, heck, even Norfolks was better, much better.
Support Israel!

SigSauer P239 .40SW
SigSauer P230 .380ACP
Glock G27 .40SW
SW Model 10-6 .38SPL