SIG556 RIFLE NEWS?

The discussion of combat rifles and Shotguns

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, dave

RHINO6383

SIG556 RIFLE NEWS?

Post by RHINO6383 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:45 am

:D I would like to get some news on the SIG556 rifle. Whats up with delivery? can anyone give me some data cause I really want to get mine as soon as possible. Getting some pictures, any pictures, would be great!

I currently have one on order but I want to make sure that SIG does this thing right from the get go! I don't want, nor do I think that they would let it out the door with crappy quality control.

mY IDEAL SIGG556 would have the rifle with a folding stock ala SIG 550 series rifles with a 3/6/9/12 M1913 rails. The 12 rail extending from the rear of the receiver to the folding front site. What is needed is a fold up rear site or possibly something like the rear site on the Colt Scar light, version "c", or the basically same thing as the Lewis Machine rear BUIS site....

The more time it takes, the more money goes in my account and I hope that I get both SIG556 and the P220(ct) at the same time!

SIGaholic? - Guilty! :s
JUST BECAUSE I'M A "EVIL INFIDEL" AND LIKE NORMAL AMERICAN'S WON'T KISS THE UN'S ASS, DON'T PISS DOWN MY BACK AND TELL ME IT'S RAINING!

Marie
Site Admin

Post by Marie » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:44 am

I think that quality control is one reason the rifles haven't come out yet. Like you say, they wouldn't want to come out with crappy stuff. We're hoping to see the first ones at the end of October. They're still tweaking things to make sure they get it right the first time.

RHINO6383

SIG556 RIFLE

Post by RHINO6383 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:43 pm

I understand that the raised rail is gone from the current design... I hope that they make the rail longer, I have "stuff" to put forward of several different visual gear.
JUST BECAUSE I'M A "EVIL INFIDEL" AND LIKE NORMAL AMERICAN'S WON'T KISS THE UN'S ASS, DON'T PISS DOWN MY BACK AND TELL ME IT'S RAINING!

hanzo581

Post by hanzo581 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:17 pm

so yeah, it is November the fourth, any word on the 556?

RHINO6383

You may have already heard this....But!

Post by RHINO6383 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:42 pm

I was advised by an email from SIGARMS CUSTOMER SERVICE that the raised rail is gone!, the rifle is in it's final format, nothing said about exactly what that was, and the rifle is going through its last QC steps before anything goes out... They do understand about us "Sigaholics" wanting to know everything we can about our future rifles! There will also be a host of options, (55x folding stock, railed forend?) available... they did say they were supposed to have 100 rifles out already so they admitted that they were a bit behind. I dont care, as long as it comes out as good as it can be in the Quality Control side of the house... You know as well as I that they will provide a bunch of stuff to spend ur money on.

I am "optimistic" at this point for a quality weapon that can be modified to meet the end user needs and also a quality weapon, as Sig has a rep about....

:mrgreen: :D :r

Basenji

Post by Basenji » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:53 pm

This may answer your question.

Basenji

Post by Basenji » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:58 pm

RHINO6383

Post by RHINO6383 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:05 am

Hey Guyz! Ithink I have a simple solution to no complete top rail:

1st:

Mill a 1/2 inch section for the dovetail with a screw hole on top of it, the same size and height as is on the current sig556 rail over the top of the rifles receiver.

Create a rail the full distance from the rear of the receiver to the location of the dovetail front sight.

Remove the old rail and replace with the new rail.

Problem solved!

You can add what ever BUIS sights you want, and your new rail will give you a much longer rail for all your optics and the like....

All we need is ARMS or someone to make it and settle the top rail question. This is a good gap measure for those of us that want a complete top rail but don't want to spend $ 400 US to get a full rail forend!

What do you guyz out there think?

:mrgreen: :r

hanzo581

Post by hanzo581 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:51 pm

Basenji wrote:This may answer your question.

How many did you get in? Just that one? I think I am around #27 in line, guess I will have one in a year or so :cry: