affordable 45

The discussion of a semi-automatic pistols

Moderator: Doc@The-Armory

wilkerson

affordable 45

Post by wilkerson » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:56 pm

I am looking for a 45 that I can conceal easy and is reliable but can only cost around $500.00 Many cost much more for what I am looking for. Can anyone help?

Trey45

Post by Trey45 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:53 pm

Rock Island Armory 1911, I just bought one today at The Armory. I've fired plenty of them at C2, it's a full size, so concealing it might pose a problem if you're a skinny guy, but those of us who are normal sized adult men can conceal it just fine.
I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.

Chkultr

Post by Chkultr » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:12 pm

try the xd 45 that will give you both the full and compact size. Very accurate light weight easy to carry comes with everything including a holster
Josh
Kimber Ultra Rator II
Kimber Ultra Carry II Stainless

Badge25

Post by Badge25 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:19 pm

I recently purchased an XD45 with a 5" barrel. It is one of the most accurate pistols I have ever shot. Just had to qualify for my Federal Concealed Carry permit and shot a 98%, the best I have ever qualified. I am sorry Sig fans but this outshoots the P-226 9mm that I carried for several years.
Old Retired Guy

bigshot800

Post by bigshot800 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:07 pm

I would highly reccomend the Beretta Px4 Storm...it has a 9+1 mag. capacity, and it sells in the 500.00 range...I own 2 of these .40S&W, and the 45 ACP....it also comes with night sights. it is an Awesome piece!

sidecarnutz

Post by sidecarnutz » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:31 am

I have a XD45 service model that I bought from the Armory a couple years ago. It has been flawless. It is the easiest to use well pistol I have ever handled. The reaction I get from my friends that I have let try it at the range is usually "Oh my gawd!". :D Comfortable, ergonomic, accurate, pretty good trigger...... Nuthin bad I can say about it. It's great. Eats all ball and HP ammo I have tried too!

This Fall I got my permit and celebrated with a XD45c. :D
It too has been flawless. Pretty easy to carry IWB too. For carry it is light weight, but the bulkiness of it compared to the 1911 takes some time to get used to.

Then in January the Armory sold me a SA SS mil spec 1911. This was somewhat of a nostalgia trip for me since I used the 1911 in my Navy days. So I wanted a fairly basic A1 type 1911, but needed three dot sights for my old eyes. This was the ticket! It started off great right out of the box and just got better after a couple hundred rounds to break it in. It's not one of the fancier 1911's but is terrifically accurate for me and just feels great to shoot. Our old rattle trap Colts back in the Navy of the 1980's never felt this good! Got myself a good IWB holster for it. It gives up some capacity to the XD, but is more slender and even easier to carry. So both have their good points.

So far SA is batting a thousand in my book. Buy with confidence!

So which is my favorite? It's a toss up for me. I'm keepiing all three. 8)
Sidecarnutz
"You can't keep an annoying Man down!" ;-)

BigBill

Post by BigBill » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:00 am

I'm a little late here in posting but it may help others out. I recently picked up a new Auto-Ordnance Army WW2 copy 1911a1 in 45acp. If your looking for a quality shooter at an affordable price this is it. We shot it at the range and ran over 250rds of wolf ammo thu it without one stove pipe or jam. The AO army pistol was flawless. It turned out its much better than the shooter/beater i was looking for. I paid $389 back then and i think my local dealer is around $449 right now.

My two choices were between the springer "45" GI and the auto-ordnance army. I purchased the AO first and went back for the springer too.