Springfireld Firecat

The discussion of a semi-automatic pistols

Moderator: Doc@The-Armory

tcob32256

Springfireld Firecat

Post by tcob32256 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:21 am

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any body has or knows anything about the FireCat 9mm. I recently bought one, and of course it is used. I took it out once and test fired it. It worked fine until one of the shells did not eject right. I should have had a can of WD40 with me but I did not. I think if I were to oil the gun up and maybe even spray a little on the shells, that it would work without any problems. It's a nice little gun and would be used for defense type weapon for my Lady to use. She wants to be able to fire it at the range to get used to it. My main question is: Has anybody had any problems with this gun??? Are parts available for this gun??? When was this gun Manufactured, and why did they discontinue making it??? It seems like a nice little gun to small for my large hands. I myself have a LLAMA .40 Cal. Auto Max 1. This gun fits my hands perfectly. I have yet to shoot it as when I got it the firing pin was broke. I bought anther firing pin on Ebay and put it in. The firing pin works now as I put an empty shell in it with only a primer and it set it off when I pulled the trigger.
Guns are a way of Life!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:09 pm

This is from Springfield Armory's debut of the Firecat at SHOT Show 1992:

The biggest news from Springfield was the introduction of the "R" series pistols. These four guns -- the Panther, the Firecat, the Bobcat and the Lynx -- are based on the Astra automatic pistols, but with a few custom modifications, like Com-mander-style hammers, checkered walnut grips, and low-profile white-dot sights. The Panther comes in 9mm, .40S&W and .45ACP; the Firecat is chambered in 9mm and .40S&W; the Bobcat is made for .380ACP; and the Lynx chambers .25 auto.

I never recommend WD40 on guns. As a rust-remover, it'll eat the bluing on guns. Guns should be lubed with a light coat of oil on metal parts, including the inside of the barrel.

As for parts, try Jack First or Numrich (Gun Parts Corp.).