Springfield Armory Champion .45 (stainless)

The discussion of a semi-automatic pistols

Moderator: Doc@The-Armory

jacobebel

Springfield Armory Champion .45 (stainless)

Post by jacobebel » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:53 pm

Hi everyone. I have a question. I just bought the champion .45 from springfield, and it consistently put the 100 or so rounds I shot about 3 inches low and about 2 to the right, from point of aim. Tried different ammo, although I knew this wouldn't change anything, just wanted to try it. Had to send it to springfield for fixing, and I have not been happy with their customer service, or the gun I bought. They aren't cheap, and the Kimber I bought a few years back was spot on when I first shot it. Has anyone else had this experience with springfield? I hope I bought a great weapon, but am beginning to have my doubts. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

bill

Post by bill » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:18 am

Has anyone else shot the pistol? Are they having the same problem? How many yards are you shooting from? I've shot the Kimber and it seems like you're right. The one I shot was right on. Don't know about the Springfield, haven't shot one.

jacobebel

Post by jacobebel » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:26 am

I was the only one who shot it. I have years of experience with several different weapons, including 3 years military, so I don't believe it was my shooting style. All the other weapons I own, I have had no problems with. I shot from different distances, not more than 30 ft. though. I should be getting the gun back in the next two weeks, according to Springfield. Hopefully, it is fixed. I guess a lemon just got by them, or something.