Legalities and Pros and Cons of the Sig Sauer.

The discussion of a semi-automatic pistols

Moderator: Doc@The-Armory

Sig Sauer P226 or the P229?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:39 am

P226
No votes
P229
100%
Neither
No votes

Total votes: 2

FantomPJ

Legalities and Pros and Cons of the Sig Sauer.

Post by FantomPJ » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:39 am

Hello all,

This is my first post and I was wondering if anyone can answer a couple of questions for me. I am looking to buy my first handgun and have sent away for the appropriate permits and all. After receiving them I asked the Freehold New Jersey Police what regulations there were and I got very few answers. They couldn't even steer me in the direction of a book to read up on.
Now I was wondering if anyone knew the New Jersey laws on purchasing a firearm online and how I can go about doing that with my two handgun permits. I also wanted to know where I should look for the cheapest Sig Sauers. My Gun store by me has a 9mm 15 magazine P229 and a .40cal 12 magazine P226. They both cost around $860 in the store and I'm pretty sure that is too much. I only really want them for practice purpases. I willl most likely never get a carry permit. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of this gun and how much I should expect to pay? I am already getting a Beretta.

Thanks foe any replies,
Reagan
Reagan

norfdet

Post by norfdet » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:07 pm

The Sig's as a whole are great guns. You can probably check out you states laws at http://www.packing.org

As far as Sig's go, order one from the Armory either a certified pre-owned one for around 499.00 or a new one, with shipping will probably be much less than getting one locally.

send Marie a PM to get the store info as I can't think of it right now. Living in New Jersey, I would reccomend the Federal EFMJ (Expanding Full Metal Jacket) ammo in whichever caliber you get. The EFMJ has all the feeding and reliability properties of full metal jacket ammo but has the stopping power of hollow points. There is also Cor-Bon poweball but I have not been as impressed with Cor Bon as I have been with the Federal ammo.

Castonia1

Jersey Gun Laws

Post by Castonia1 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:47 am

Hi FantomPJ,
Here is the site I think your looking for:

gunlaws.com
New Jersey State Firearms Information
We offer you direct links to firearms related information
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
State statutes tell you what the law is ...
These Books from Bloomfield Press tell you what it says.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

disclaimer

New Jersey
An ongoing effort is made to bring you up to date links and information.

New Jersey's Concealed Carry Statutes are in

New Jersey Permanent Statutes - Title 2C:39-5 et. seq.

Be advised - there are numerous other firearms laws

New Jersey Statutes

New Jersey Legislature

New Jersey State Home Page

New Jersey's link to the Library of Congress

State Firearms Association

New Jersey Firearms Safety Training

Return to State by State Firearms Directory

Questions/Comments: webmaster@bloomfieldpress.com Offer suggestions or
Report a problem with a link

:n :s :ba :H 8)

Castonia1
Colt Commander 80 Series 1991
Colt Combat Commander
Para-Ordnance Tac Four
Smith & Wesson 4506 A1
Sig 232

God Bless Our Troops!