Want to Buy Short AR Barrel or Upper Assembly

The discussion of combat rifles and Shotguns

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, dave

bmyk

Want to Buy Short AR Barrel or Upper Assembly

Post by bmyk » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:31 pm

All,
Greetings fellow shooters. I would like to find a good deal on a short barrel for my Bushmaster. Prefer BM but I am open to suggestions. I am interested in the 14.5 or 11.5 with the out to legal suppressor attached.

I currently have a 20" HB and used that to get used to shooting the rifle and develop basic skills. Now I would like to go to a shorter barrel for 3 gun games. I would like to put a shorter barrel on my current upper then when I aquire the parts assemble a new flat top upper with the short barrel and put the 20" back.

Interested in any feedback, thanks.

Mike
Thank you
Repsectfully,
Mike B

marcw

Post by marcw » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:09 pm

Mike, personally I'd look for a 14.5" with perm. attached Phantom or just get a straight up 16" with removeable A2. If you went with the latter you could easily remove the flash hider and front sight base if you decided to install a free float rail later on. I have several 14.5" carbines with Phantoms and quite frankly they are a pain in the ass.

My newest LMT is a 16" and I love it. Stay away from the 11.5/5.5 barrels if you plan on doing 3-Guns.

You can order barrels directly from Bushmaster or ask Marie to order you one from them.

bmyk

Got it!

Post by bmyk » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:32 pm

I ordered a 14.5" HB 1/9 twist with a Phantom II FS to make legal. Very nice handling barrel. Shoots great with a bunch of different 55 and 62 gr loads. Cant wait for the next three gun or tactical carbine shoot.

Thanks
Thank you
Repsectfully,
Mike B