S&W Sigma SW9va heavy trigger pull

Glock, Heckler and Koch, SIG etc.-Certified Armorers and our knowledgeable Members will do their best to answer your gunsmithing questions.

Moderator: Doc@The-Armory

MIKE

S&W Sigma SW9va heavy trigger pull

Post by MIKE » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:43 pm

I have teh SW9VA and if I had know the trigger was so hard i would not have purchased it. It is NOT a pleasue to shoot. Can anywon gve me a sollution to this problem. I have contacted the local gun shop gunsmiths and they will not help because of liability problems.. HELP !!!!
Michael

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:49 pm

You might have to contact S&W direct on that. I vaguely remember something about being able to reduce the pull on it.

SouthpawShootr

Post by SouthpawShootr » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:43 pm

There are some fixes for this. You can call S&W and ask them if they can do anything about it. They might have you send the gun in, but chances are they're going to tell you that as long as it functions properly (ie, goes bang and cycles reliably) there's nothing they can do.

OK, you can replace the striker spring. Wolff makes a replacement. It's not recommended b/c it can result in ignition issues (as in not going bang).

There's also information on www.smith-wessonforum.com in the semiauto section that explains how you can remove a spring and significantly improve the trigger. Also, look here: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400180

I've left mine alone. I don't endorse any fixes other than what the factory can provide. Work at it, the trigger can be mastered. Perhaps you would be better served to trade up to an M&P.