Cape Gun

Glock, Heckler and Koch, SIG etc.-Certified Armorers and our knowledgeable Members will do their best to answer your gunsmithing questions.

Moderator: Doc@The-Armory

Wayne The Shrink

Cape Gun

Post by Wayne The Shrink » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:54 pm

Bill

Post here what you thought it is. When you called last night we were about to leave for dinner, I had two conversations going on, and the phone broke. Not my best hour!

If I remember right you said 11.1? x ??. If so, our joint measurement of the Neck would not have been .450 but something larger according to my sources. I'm using COTW 10 and Donnelly and Towsley, Handloader's Manual of Cartridge Conversions.

The 11 mm's have necks measuring the smallest of .468, and the 11.1mm's are .456" (11.15x36R Fruhwirth) and up. The base measurement and the rim thickness were my first two search terms, and then the length tended to confirm my estimation.

Sorry about the mixup last nite.

Wayne
There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me.

Wayne The Shrink

Post by Wayne The Shrink » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:25 am

No wonder we're confused. This is part of a reply from Axel Eichendorff, living 10 miles from Kassel, Germany and part of the German Gun Collectors Association:

W.B. Dixon, "European sporting Cartridges", lists 10 different cartridges between 10 and 11.15mm, 47mmcase length, on the Mauser A-base, let alone umpteen others with lengths of 44, 45, 46, 49, 50 and 51mm! And, use only black powder!
Good luck
Axel

I'm satisfied with sending the chamber cast (s) into CH4D and let them determine the best fit.

Wayne the Shrink
There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me.