Aguila Ammunition

For issues of internal, external, and terminal ballistics.

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, dave

Marie
Site Admin

Aguila Ammunition

Post by Marie » Fri May 27, 2005 8:19 am

Guys, how many of you have used the Aguila ammuniton from Mexico? We've been selling quite a lot of their 22 ammo in the store and on the web and have just started selling other calibers. The 38 Special seems to be moving fast along with the 45 ACP. Anybody have any comments about the Aguila? Pro or Con? Thanks, Marie

Villimus Rex

Cartouchos hecho en Mexico

Post by Villimus Rex » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:25 pm

Normally I like to extole the advantages of US ammo over the imported stuff. However I have never had anything but positive experience with Aguila ammunition. Their FMJ pistol ammo is equal to any FMJ pistol ammo made here and their .22 ammo is better than most. I have not tried their defensive ammo and can not speak as to its performance.
Good things that come from Mexico: Beer, Cheese, Ammo
and Guns .

toddis

Post by toddis » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:41 pm

Excellent stuff, the subsonics do what they're supposed to do - no crack.

And as a bonus, quite accurate.

norfdet

Post by norfdet » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:42 pm

I just shot 150 rounds of 45 the other day and it worked as well as anything else.

Splitter

Post by Splitter » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:22 pm

It's all I buy for practice. I haven't had one misfeed since I have started using it. As a matter of fact, I was in on Friday and you were out of the 9mm.... grr!!
Support Israel!

SigSauer P239 .40SW
SigSauer P230 .380ACP
Glock G27 .40SW
SW Model 10-6 .38SPL

Splitter

Post by Splitter » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:35 pm

Any Aguila FMJ in 45ACP this week folks?
Support Israel!

SigSauer P239 .40SW
SigSauer P230 .380ACP
Glock G27 .40SW
SW Model 10-6 .38SPL

McKirdyP

Post by McKirdyP » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:41 am

Aguila 45 ACP is my first choice for practice. I actually leave a couple magazines loaded with it regularly too.
Life is just the beginning!

sidecarnutz

Post by sidecarnutz » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:53 pm

I've read many good comments about the Aguilla .45 ammo elsewhere. When I saw you guys had it in the store for under $10 a box I got 5 boxes. I'll let you know how it runs in the XD and the Taurus PT745 next week after a range trip.

BTW, The XD45 I got from y'all in March is just the finest .45 I have ever tried. I've used seven different brands of ammo in it and two kinds of hollowpoints just to see if they would feed OK. This gun is simply the easiest to shoot well pistol I have ever used! It has no pickiness in ammo. It groups and fires Wolf ball ammo as well as S&B, Winchester and others. My Taurus on the other hand doesn't function well with Wolf. It needs the good stuff for 100% functioning. I've even tried to see if holding the gun poorly would make it malfuction. No problems, nada. It's a natural pointer and easily keeps all 14 shots in a 3" group at 30'. That's shooting off hand with a two handed grip about one shot in 2-3 seconds. Absolutely awesome pistol!
I've let a few friends try it at the range. The usual comment after emptying a mag is "Oh my gawd!". :-) They can often shoot the XD better on the first try than they can the pistols they own and practice with. ;-)
Sidecarnutz
"You can't keep an annoying Man down!" ;-)

mlbess

Aguila ammunition

Post by mlbess » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:40 pm

I bought several bricks of the .22 rifle match to test in a number of guns (my own Walther free rifle, and my gun club's Anschutz target rifles and a Kimber target rifle). We run a junior program and want high quality ammunition without the high prices of Eley and the like so that our juniors can compete on the club and local level. Bottom line: the .22 Match Rifle Aguila is great shooting, comparable to Eley Remington Match Xtra Plus in my Walther and just what we need for the young shooters. This ammo is extremely price-competitive and consistent-shooting. I just hope the price stays good. All other standard velocity .22 is in tight supply in our area and prices have sky-rocketed. I was pleased to find a great deal on great ammo at the Armory.

sidecarnutz

Post by sidecarnutz » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:20 pm

I've had a few range trips now. It's great practice ammo!
Shoots well in my XD45 as well as my PT745.
I've have to get more next time I come by your shop!
Sidecarnutz
"You can't keep an annoying Man down!" ;-)

Trey45

Post by Trey45 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:30 pm

I shoot on average, between 2000 and 5000 rounds of Aguila 22 ammo every 2 months. I won't buy or shoot ANY other type of 22 ammo, that should be enough of an endorsement right there. I've been shooting their 9mm, 40sw and .223 ammo on a semi regular basis, if I can find it, I buy up just about all i can. Their centerfire pistol rounds ALL seem to be HOT (+p maybe?) and accurate. If ya'll stopped selling every other manufacturers ammo and only carried the Aguila it wouldn't bother me one bit, I shoot at the C2 shooting center and I often tell others about Aguila, several C2 members have been to your store to buy Aguila after trying mine out! That in itself is a great endorsement. Now all I need is for Aguila to produce 10mm ammo and I'll be set!
I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.