Wolf Gold Series ammo??

For issues of internal, external, and terminal ballistics.

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, dave

BigBill

Wolf Gold Series ammo??

Post by BigBill » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:03 am

I haven't seen too much of the new Wolf Gold brass cased ammo around?
I seen that its affordable like around $10 a box. I also heard its manufactured by Prvi-Partizan(yugo) they sell to other ammo companies too like FNM and Igman. The yugo brass is awesome to reload too. It comes in many military calibers too. This is a plus because with the surplus military ammo running low someone has to fill this gap in the supply. I'm hoping that "the armory" offers it to us soon, I would like to see a stable company handle and offer this ammo. I think there is a nitch in suppling new affordable ammo in military calibers and no one is really doing it yet like offering a complete line up of ammo like Wolf Gold. :?:

scottc

Wolf Gold

Post by scottc » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:46 pm

We have a few calibers of the Wolf Gold line in stock, off the top of my head I can't remember them. I have not been to work in over a week and won't be in for at least another. Give them a call to find out the exact stock. And yes the Wolf Gold line is awesome ammo.

BigBill

Post by BigBill » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:57 pm

With the supplies running out of the surplus military ammo its the makers of the affordable ammo like Priv-Partizan, FNM, Sellier & Bellot and Wolf and the company who stocks it all the military calibers and sells it at an affordable price will do a high volumne for sure. Its funny I never see any 7mm mauser ammo in the prvi-partizan, fnm and wolf brands? Sellier & Bellot is the only manufacturer who is imported it here to the US.

BigBill

Post by BigBill » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:11 am

I received the NEW Wolf Gold ammo today and I can confirm its Prvi-Partizan Brass heck it even says "made in Serbia" on the box. Its good looking stuff and the yugo manufactured brass is very good for reloading too.

The Wolf Gold ammo i received is Swiss 7,5mm ammo @ $9 a box and all the wolf gold ammo is boxer primed too. I have been buying the surplus swiss 7,5mm ammo while its berdan primed its similiar to a match grade ammo, its suppose to be very accurate too. Its not cheap too its $158 for 480rds. I was looking for new swiss 7,5mm brass at $17 a box of 20 but then i found the wolf gold 7,5mm swiss ammo at $9 a box so i figured i get to shoot it once then reload it.

If your in the market for a surplus military quality rifle the Swiss K31 7,5mm straight bolt is it. But beaware the supply is running low and so is the quality/condition of them too so now is the time to look for one. They can be restored to its orginal condition too. Since they weren't used in a war they aren't that beat most of the bad looks in the ones i have seen are the poor surface finish. Once the finish is removed you reveal an awesome good looking piece of wood and if you steam out some of the dings and dents you can end up with an excellent looking rifle when your done.