More California Hype

Open Forum and Conduct Rules

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, dave

Diznuff

More California Hype

Post by Diznuff » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:30 pm

So California now wants every bullet to be serialized. This sounds a little to invasive to me. Anyone else object to this?

Marie
Site Admin

Post by Marie » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:57 pm

I think it's totally ridiculous! How in the world can you serialize bullets anyway???? One of the recent Gun List Magazines had an article about California saying that the Assembly had passed a bill which requires retailers to store ammunition "in a manner that is not accessible to the public"! Anybody who's been in our store would have a laugh at that. We've got ammo EVERYWHERE! Apparantly public safety will be improved if the ammo wasn't on shelves and counters. Where will it all end????? I guess if you serialize the ammo you'll have to fill out a form when you buy it and keep track of who bought which serial numbers. MAJOR HEADACHE for anybody selling it that's for sure.
Enough

Marie at The Armory.

Popeye

Post by Popeye » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:44 pm

Update:

The projectile serialization bill was not voted on and therefore died.

The firingpin serialization bill? Ditto.

The retail outlet ammo storage bill was passed and is setting on the Governor's desk. We have been flooding his office with e-mails, phone calls and faxes all asking for a veto. We'll see.

Marie
Site Admin

Post by Marie » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:10 pm

Thanks Popeye for the update. Hopefully the gov will realize that that bill is ridiculous and veto it. Not sure what he'll do. Marie at The Armory.

Redrum

Post by Redrum » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:10 pm

I can see the poor schmuck having to record the numbers for a brick of .22...not....Heck...the way some of us buy ammo that could be an all day job then!! LOL

Popeye...good to see you here!!