A New Post

Open Forum and Conduct Rules

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, dave

Bob

A New Post

Post by Bob » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:09 pm

I just deleted my Merry Christmas post, no one got back to me and it looked silly. It was two years old, that is sad.

I know a lot of people read the posts here but I guess everyone is bashful, no one wants to talk.

I don't shoot a lot of high power rifle, no more than 40 or 50 rounds a year, just enough to zero in my hunting rifles. I shoot a lot of 22's for fun and the occasional varmint that I have to kill.

I like to target practice with handguns more than anything, I shoot 22's, 9mm, and 45acp's.

I have some land out here in the boonies and am more of a hunter than a shooter. There has to be some hunters on this forum, I can't be the the only one.

I'm retired and have nothing better to do at night so I thought I would try again to stir some thing up here.

Maybe this site needs a catagory for hunting and fishing, that might stir the readers up, I can lie real good about the deer and turkey I killed and the size of the fish I catch.

You All Have A Good One, Bob

jbritt67

Re: A New Post

Post by jbritt67 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:18 pm

[quote="Bob"]
Maybe this site needs a catagory for hunting and fishing, that might stir the readers up, I can lie real good about the deer and turkey I killed and the size of the fish I catch.

You All Have A Good One, Bob[/quote]

I'd like to hear the story about how you bagged the deer and caught a fish at the same time :mrgreen:

Bob

Post by Bob » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:26 pm

Shucks that's an easy one.

I was deer hunting on this side hill going down to the pond, when here comes a nice six pointer, not a trophy mind you but a fine deer. I made a good shot right in the boiler room. I hit him with a 180 gr. core lock 30-06, so he tumbles down the bank and lands with his head in the water.

Low and behold when I pull him out of the water there on his main beam is a four pound large mouth bass, biggest bass I ever took out of that pond.

That is what you call a surf and turf for sure.

Now if you believe that one, I know where there's some swamp land out here you can buy.

I'm just joking around jbritt, didn't that sound good. Bob

Bob

Post by Bob » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:48 pm

I'm not an english major so my spelling and punctuation are not good, but I can tell you one hell of a story around a campfire.

You all have a good one, Bob

Bob

Post by Bob » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:57 pm

I hate to reply to my own post, but;

67 are you out there.

Didn't you like my surf and turf tale, could be true, right?

Remember I'm an old redneck out here in the boondocks of Virginia, about 200 miles dead east of Va. Beach, on rt 460.

I've been checking in here waiting to hear your reply.

You All Have A Good One, Bob :)

jbritt67

Post by jbritt67 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:20 pm

Sorry about that.... I've been busier than the proverbial one legged man in an arse kicking contest. I did see the hunt'n fishin' tale... pretty good stuff.

Check your PM when you get a chance.
If a man neglects to enforce his rights, he cannot complain if, after a while, the law follows his example. —OLIVER WENDELL HOLMES

jbritt67

Post by jbritt67 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:24 pm

Well, that's what I get for assuming that private messages work on this board

:evil: :roll:

Stop by the Gunbroker dot com forum if you want. I'm listed as OakRidgeStars

http://forums.gunbroker.com/default.asp

There are some folks from VA & NC on there too.
If a man neglects to enforce his rights, he cannot complain if, after a while, the law follows his example. —OLIVER WENDELL HOLMES

Bob

Post by Bob » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:50 pm

OK I hear ya,

I just got back from Va. B. I had a Legion meeting, Spring Conference, at the Va. Beach Resort hotel, so I have not been around for a few days.

You must have figured out that I was a vet. I did not stop at the store, I don't really need any ammo right now. The traffic was heavy when I went by but, "You always need more ammo"!!

I told some guys at the conference about my surf and turf joke, they all got a laugh out of that one.

You have to remember I'm old, real old, older than dirt, so keep that in mind when you talk to me. I want you to know I'm not one of those old guys that's all crippled up, I'm in good shape and can more than likely out work some one half my age.

I'll be on again tomorrow night. I have nothing better to do after sundown I hate watching that B.S. on TV, so I get on the net.

You All Have A Good One, Bob

P.S. I'll look at that gunbroker forum let you know what I think.

jbritt67

Post by jbritt67 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:11 pm

For something a little closer to home, check out the new VA Gun Owner's Forum

http://vagunforum.net/

I'm done here... See you on the other side
:mrgreen:

Bob

Post by Bob » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:20 pm

Hey jbritt67,

I got on that gunbroker forum, it looks like a good forum. There are a few guy's on there with an attitude but all in all it looks ok. I'll be checking it out from time to time, might even join after I see whats happening.

The auction side looks pretty good, but I don't like to buy a gun if I can't hold it and feel it, up close. I think it's a good place to go to check prices.

I'll check out that new site you put up.

You Have A Good Day, Bob