Complaint about the "Specials" email messages

Open Forum and Conduct Rules

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, dave

billg
Site Admin

Post by billg » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:15 am

Since this is just our second specials mailing in the existence of The Armory, I guess when you say that we are out of some brands of ammo, you are correct. If you don't like what specials we're offering, don't buy it. Also, if you wanted to post something that was not negative, feel free. We're finding it extremely hard to find any ammo at a reasonable price, because of two things. The War Effort going on is sucking all the 223, 308, 9mm, or in fact all ammo is going overseas to support the military. With all this ammo going overseas, the production capability of the commercial manufacturers is tied up in military and law enforcement contracts. That means that the civilian market is secondary if there is anything left over. The decond thing that's affecting it is the price of lead and copper. Oh, one more thing that's affecting the availability is the speculation on the part of some manufacturers holding back ammo til the price has gone up and major retail chains using their buying power to pick up what scarce ammo is available. All this added up has made it extremely difficult, sometimes impossible, to get any ammo at all. I know this shortage is not what most Americans are used to, when instant gratification is the norm. Also, you said something about Wolf ammunition. Fortunately, most people who buy the ammo are extremely happy with it. It's the only ammo that I know of that has a performance guarantee on it. In the past 10 years that we've sold it, we've only had one customer who was completely dissatisfied with it. Most people are smart enough to realize that when you buy the cheapest ammo on the market, it might be dirty. But when you look at Winclean in comparison, it's three times the cost and in short supply. Nothing would make me more happy that to be able to sell you anything we have listed on our website, or if we had everything in stock, which was the case a few years ago. Now it's a nightmare just trying to keep up with the price increases and putting out of stock on ammo which we now receive very sporadically. What I would recommend is that if you see the ammo available elsewhere, buy it. This is a poor business practice, but reasonably priced ammo is in such short supply right now that I would recommend that you buy it where ever you can find it at whatever price you find it if you have to have it now.
Bill G. :n :sk
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

Splitter

Post by Splitter » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:34 pm

For what it's worth Bill... I almost always buy my ammo from you. I only had one time where you didn't have the ammo I wanted (Aguila), so I bought something else.

And btw, that was a great explanation for tgwelder56's post. How about looking into my last two posts!

/r
Chris
Support Israel!

SigSauer P239 .40SW
SigSauer P230 .380ACP
Glock G27 .40SW
SW Model 10-6 .38SPL

billg
Site Admin

Post by billg » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:35 am

"I'd like to know why every single time I get an email advertising special prices, the ammunition I want is always out of stock? I'm not exaggerating here, I mean EVERY time it is out of stock"

Sir, you're full of shit to put it rather bluntly. The ammo we have advertised in our specials email is all Wolf which we have in stock. Have you actually tried to order it? We are out of certain Wolf ammo that we have NOT advertised on the specials. Everything that is advertised in our email is in stock and in large quantities.

You say that you signed up for the email specials yet you do not like the products that we have put on special. Duh, don't order it if you don't want it and if you feel that we're sending you specials that you don't want, unsubscribe to the mailing list.

"If you need to put a limit on how much someone can buy at any one time you need to do that. Give all of your customers the chance to get a good deal on some ammo. Thanks for listening and I hope someone in purchasing gets a copy of this. "

Again, have you tried to order it? No, because we still have it available and in stock in large quantities. Yet you are implying that it's not available. Again, you're full of shit.

"I unfortunately must make my first forum post a negative one and I wish it wasn't necessary but it is IMO. "

You make a false statement when you say it must be your first post. Did someone put a gun to your head?

"First of all let me again tell you that no disrespect was intended"

No, it wasn't perceived as being disrespectful, it was perceived as being ignorant. You made false statements and accusations as listed above. That's how it was perceived.

"I made a complaint because the email special provided no direction to a special deal on ammo."

Sir, can't really understand this complaint because we provided a direct link in the email to the specials page and also provided instructions on how to cut and paste the link if it didn't work. As indicated before, this is another false statement.

"I was irritated because you provided a second sales advertisement that stated a very high percentage of the offer was out of stock (again)."

Another lie or false statement! Tell you what, give me your credit card and back a semi up to my warehouse and I'll fill it up with the ammo that is supposedly out of stock. Just make sure that it doesn't have a $10,000 limit on your credit card.

"Except for the Wolf ammunition of course."

Duh, that's what we advertised. This is what I consider stupidity. When the only thing we put in the email flyer was Wolf Ammo. Then you complain that we're out of stock on some imaginary ammo that you haven't even mentioned.

" I had a valid question and complaint. Those types of advertisements remind me of the ones you get from a store with a fabulous sale offer for something that they have one or two of in stock. They know a hundred people want it and they do it just to get you in the door"

This is another false statement. We advertised exactly what we had in stock in the email specials. Again, you are either ignorant or a liar. Which is it?

"I shopped your store because you sent me the offer. If I had known it was all out of stock I wouldn't have spent my time looking. But like I said I did and didn't like wasting time (again) shopping for something you knew you didn't have in stock. It would seem you may be getting people in the door and hoping they'll buy something at a higher price."

More lies or ignorance on your part. Did you even try to order any? How would you know if we were out of stock if you didn't try to order some? Why are you making all these accusations if you didn't want any in the first place?

"I would also like to add that your member "Chris aka Splitter" placed a post on December 17th complaining about the lack of customer service in your brick and mortar store. He received a courteous response from one of your staff, named Scott. Seems to me that he has issues with customer service too even after his Cop buddies were recently taken care of. Did you read that Bill? It was posted last Saturday after he got ignored again on Friday 1/19/07. "

Again, you're talking out of your ass. You have never been in our store. You have no idea what's going on. "Splitter" is a valued customer who know me and Marie and can ask for us at any time. I just choose not to belittle my employees on the web. His comments, unlike yours, I take seriously and value his opinion but because I choose not to belittle my employees in a public forum, I'm not responsive to his concerns? How do you know that we didn't correspond via email? Another mistaken assumption.

"I don't know why people in our country are treating each other with such discord or is it disregard?. Seems to me like everyone has had just about as much BS as they can tolerate. We're supposed to stand head and shoulders above the rest of the planet and we're all falling right in line with the rest of the world. Thanks Bill, I really appreciate all your consideration and understanding. Next time I guess I'll just use an expletive and be rude. Trying to talk like adults with people just doesn't mean shit anymore."

I think talking like an adult is actually knowing what you're talking about. If you spout lies or ignorance, you tend to be treated as a child or a fool.

Have a nice day. Bill G. :D
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

Splitter

Post by Splitter » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:55 pm

+1 Bill. Look forward to seeing you at the show! :D
Support Israel!

SigSauer P239 .40SW
SigSauer P230 .380ACP
Glock G27 .40SW
SW Model 10-6 .38SPL

Splitter

Post by Splitter » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:00 pm

Tigwelder-

You are new to the forum, so I'll give you a pass on the tone of your language.

Fact is that I felt compelled to complain about the service online, and that may have been a bad thing... as I know Bill and Marie personally.

If you READ my posts, I state in them multiple times, my respect for them.

You also need to read the part (or read INTO the part) that I'm a multiple repeat customer. You, on the other hand, don't seem to have EVER set foot in the store.

-------------------------

Bill/Marie... My complaints about the customer service in the store may have been warranted, but maybe I should have just called and talked to you instead. My appologies. I'll see you at the show on Sunday, I'll make it up to you then.

/Chris
Support Israel!

SigSauer P239 .40SW
SigSauer P230 .380ACP
Glock G27 .40SW
SW Model 10-6 .38SPL