Suggestion

Open Forum and Conduct Rules

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, dave

marcw

Suggestion

Post by marcw » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:31 pm

Judging by the amount of boxes I see Ed shipping out every morning I guess a lot of orders come in over the internet. If I may offer a suggestion; move the link to the forum to the top of the page were it will be more visible. 8)

Marie
Site Admin

Post by Marie » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:50 pm

:) Yeah, we're hoping to do that soon when we get a chance. We hid it purposefully so that we could see how it went without the spammers :x finding us quickly.

Marie

marcw

Post by marcw » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:59 pm

Marie wrote::) Yeah, we're hoping to do that soon when we get a chance. We hid it purposefully so that we could see how it went without the spammers :x finding us quickly.

Marie
I understand and I was wondering if that was the case. It's tough for the spammers to take advantage of phpbb. They have to create an account and most won't do that. However, several php worms are starting to surface so make sure your host stays on top of any updates that become available.

Marc

Marie
Site Admin

Post by Marie » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:04 am

Yeah, Bill really keeps on top of that stuff! We should have the latest and greatest right now. Marie

Topmaul

Post by Topmaul » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:10 pm

Here is a suggestion for your store, you guys sell a lot of military style fire arms, people buy them then they are on thier own to find a place t shoot them. I would like to see the gun shops put on or help organize competitions for your customers. Like Three Gun or Tactical Rifle / shotgun / pistol matches. Things like that.

Look at it this way a customer walks into your store and buys an AK-47 okay now that he has it what does he do with it? He goes to the range a few times then gets board poking holes in paper. So he takes it home and there it sits.

If that same guy had a Tactical rifle match to go to he would be coming back to up grade his rifle and by accessories not to mention tons of ammo. Competiting is addictive.

poking holes in paper gets old.

Just my humble opinion.

I think a gun shops should use the SCUBA SHOP Model first a dive shop has a training program, they sell equipment, and they provide a way to use the training and equipment they sell. By organizing trips or providing a dive shop all at a price.

I'd like to see gunshops offer more than Concealed Weapon Trainging,

Just a thought.

Redrum

Post by Redrum » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:07 pm

Topmaul...A good suggestion...the problem with that is finding a suitable place for the events that you suggest. In this area we are lucky to have what we have. Ranges are going the way of the dinosaur unfortunately. If you were to try to put a range together in the SE VA area you would have to start looking towards Suffolk and west and Surry. It would be to sizeable of an investment to even attempt to create an indoor complex for these activities. Just a standard 25yd range is costly, both to build and to maintain.

I'm with your idea though...it would be a great marketing tool...I just don't see it as feasable unless some nice person wins one ot those $250 Million lotteries...(I'm trying!!!)

Topmaul

Post by Topmaul » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:13 pm

It will be a sad day when the ranges are gone. I might have to sell most of my guns when that happens, of course the Black Dragon is exempt form that.

here is how I feel about it, the major gun shops in an area should work togethere to set up thier own shooting team they can get a 10% discount to team members.

If I spend from $1200 to $2000 dollars on a way cool AR-15 and have no place to shoot it what happens a year later I have put 200 round through it and I sell it because I never shoot it and the cool factor falls away, so the next guy looking for a cool AR finds my add in the Trading Post and gets my gun for $900 to $1500 depending on how much I paid for it. Now the gun shops does not make a sale.

If I was an active shooter I'd be shooting it and the new guy would be buying from the shop not me.

This situation is going to happen anyway but not as often.

Redrum

Post by Redrum » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:23 pm

I didn't think about the team sponsorship angle....Hmmmmm....that could work......Gotta think about that now.

Bill and Marie have always been great in sponsoring our IDPA match in March! They have been onboard from the beginning!!!