New guy on board

Open Forum and Conduct Rules

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, dave

sidecarnutz

New guy on board

Post by sidecarnutz » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:59 pm

I've been a customer of the Armory since last year when I got back into shooting. They're great folks there and I'm usually in there every few weeks getting stuff. This was the first time I looked for their web site though. Pretty damn good site!
I can see the board is a bit slow. Summer doldrums I suppose. But thanks in advance for the old posts. I've picked up some good info here!

Anyone here besides me enjoy working on your own guns? I'm a journeyman machinist and welder. I wouldn't mind talking to other local folks who do this to get tips and tooling advice. I'm working on my third AK reciever built from a flat right now. (I've actually de-milled the same rifle twice now. My last build was about 90% correct. But I know I can do better. But it just wasn't quite up to what I wanted. Rather than build another kit, I demilled this one to start over. I believe the third one will be the charm.) And I'll be building a parkerizing tank soon. I'm new to parking. Any tips will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sidecarnutz
"You can't keep an annoying Man down!" ;-)

harleytom

Post by harleytom » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:02 pm

:) I am also a welder,and some machine background.I'm workin
on putting new recoil pads on my wingmaster(sanding).I am also into
pistols,revolvers,and SKS's.I now have a chinese and yugo.

so far this site hase been great! Thanks! HT. :-o

sidecarnutz

Post by sidecarnutz » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:15 pm

Cool!
I have a couple SKS's too. Those are great rifles. Functionally flawless too.

I see the board has been quiet this summer. I'm working on my fourth AK build now. (I built a Romy, M70 and a Polish UF too. All 922r compliant.)This'll be a Yugo M70 with a extra long 23.5" American made barrel from Cope Distributing and possibly my own stock set made from red oak and a POSP 4x scope. Imagine this folks! An AK that shoots sub 2" groups. :shock: That's my goal anyways. Should be achieveable. This one is going together on a DCI/Nodak Spud reciever. These things are so good, it's like cheating. :mrgreen: This rifle will be like a "little brother" to my PSL.

My thanks to the Armory for having the Chinese AKM gas block I needed in stock! That was way cool! I didn't want that heavy grenade launching sight Yugo block on this rifle. This rifle won't even have a cleaning rod or bayonet lug on it. So that Chinese gas block was a great find!

They have lots of cool stuff in their caes folks! You just have to bring a flashlight so you can see it all! 8)
Sidecarnutz
"You can't keep an annoying Man down!" ;-)

harleytom

I hear that!

Post by harleytom » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:36 pm

I think that chinese sks is one of the finest carbines I have ever SHOT!

I used a 8) :D corbon round in it one time(expensive).....but shoots like a
FINE RIfle should with any brand of ammo! thanks guys for the
fast delevery

on the
7.62 gas sealed cartridge!!!!! :D (for a russian revolver thats not mine).
I heard it is the same as a 32cal.long....

I use the lug for a LED flashlite......you never know...I want to remove th

e large sight on my yogo also....never shot it yet!
I use a holographic red dot on the chinese......