Spring Gobbler

Open Forum and Conduct Rules

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, dave

Bob

Spring Gobbler

Post by Bob » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:37 pm

Spring Turkey starts this Saturday. I'm getting fired up and ready to go, the weather out here has been awful warm and dry for this time of year.

I know some hen birds are already sitting on nests and thats kind of early it has to be the warm spring we've had here in Virginia.

Are there any other turkey hunters on this board. Bob

shotgunn83

not an avid turkey hunter

Post by shotgunn83 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:21 pm

I've bagged a gobbler on thanksgiving day a couple years ago, but don't have time during regular season due to school and work schedule. After I graduate college I'll prolly get into it. Seems like one of the most intense hunts because the birds are so perceptive and cautious about everything. Good hunting,
Jason

Bob

Post by Bob » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:31 pm

Hey Jason,

Thanks for the reply, I guess me and you are the only turkey hunters on here. I always go turkey hunting on Thanksgiving Day, it's sort of a tradition out here in Campbell County. I'm glad you where able to shoot a bird. They are hard to get, I 've shot a lot of them in my life and they don't get any easier.

I went out at sunup opening day, heard two birds but no such luck. They just would not come to my calls. I didn't go out this morning I had to take my wifes car into the shop to get some work done, so that shot my day.

I'm going out tomorrow first thing, I hope it's my day to get one. Bob