Young Democrat

Open Forum and Conduct Rules

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, dave

scottc

Young Democrat

Post by scottc » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:05 pm

A young man was about to finish his first year of college. Like so many others his age he considered himself to be a very liberal Democrat and was for distribution of all wealth. He felt deeply ashamed that his father was a rather staunch Republican which he expressed openly. One day he was challenging his father on his beliefs and his opposition to higher taxes on the rich & the addition of more government welfare programs. Based on the lectures that he had participated in and the occasional chat with a professor he felt that for years his father had obviously harbored an evil, even selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his. The self professed objectivity proclaimed by his professors had to be the truth and he indicated so to his father.

He stopped him and asked him point blank, how he was doing in school. He answered rather haughtily that he had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain. That he studied all the time, never had time to go out and party like other people he knew. He didn’t even have time for a girlfriend and didn’t really have many college friends because of spending all his time studying.

His father listened and then asked, “How is your good friend John doing?”

He replied, “John is barely getting by.” He continued, “he barely has a 2.0 GPA,” adding, “and all he takes are easy classes and he never studies. But John is so very popular on campus, college for him is a blast, he goes to all the parties all the time and very often doesn’t even show up for classes because he is too hung over.”

His father then asked his son, “Why don’t you go to the Dean’s office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your 4.0 GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0.” He continued, “That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA.”

The son visibly shocked by his father’s suggestion angrily fired back, “That wouldn’t be fair! I worked really hard for mine, I did without and John has done little or nothing, he played while I worked real hard!”

The father slowly smiled, winked and said, “Welcome to the Republican Party!”

Splitter

Post by Splitter » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:44 pm

Old story, but very very very accurate in pointing out how the left thinks.
Support Israel!

SigSauer P239 .40SW
SigSauer P230 .380ACP
Glock G27 .40SW
SW Model 10-6 .38SPL