Good Investments

Open Forum and Conduct Rules

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, dave

scottc

Good Investments

Post by scottc » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:21 pm

I was talking with my uncle earlier tonight and asking for investment advice. I am going to look into Morning Star and a few Roth IRAs. Is there anything out there that has really caught you eye recently that deserves a close look. Thanks.

BigBill

Post by BigBill » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:02 pm

IRA's are good.

Wayne The Shrink

Post by Wayne The Shrink » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:58 am

If you're willing to gamble a little we have two going businesses here in the area that are doing very well and deserve a look. Norfolk Southern Railroad is doing very well and has for years. Smithfield Foods is very well positioned in the market and becoming international.

Wayne the Shrink
There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:09 am

Personally, I've always looked as seasonal stocks (like picking up FEDEX or UPS during the late-summer and selling off after the earnings post from the holiday peak).

Depressed economies seem to do fairly well for alcohol, tobacco and gambling stocks as well.

Lately though, transferrable machine guns are looking to be a very good investment choice. Machine gun prices have doubled in the last five years and seem to continue to rise. What's going for the Class III market is that no new machine guns are allowed to be made for civilian transfer at May 1986. So what's on the market now is what's on the market.