No More Sex on the Job for Prostitution Detectives

Open Forum and Conduct Rules

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, dave

Splitter

No More Sex on the Job for Prostitution Detectives

Post by Splitter » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:15 pm

Sheriff: No More Sex on the Job for Prostitution Detectives
Friday, February 17, 2006

SPOTSYLVANIA, Va. — The sheriff said Friday he will no longer allow detectives to receive sexual services while investigating suspected prostitution after they spent $1,200 at massage parlors last month and sparked a public outcry.

Spotsylvania County Sheriff Howard Smith defended the practice as necessary to obtain a conviction but told his department he was suspending it.

"As sheriff, I understand the feelings and concerns the citizens of this county have expressed," Smith said in a statement sent to The Associated Press on Friday. "And I empathize with those feelings. Because of the public's express response, I have suspended this practice."

Court documents show that four times last month, county detectives allowed women at Moon Spa to perform sex acts on them — once leaving a $350 tip. A total of $1,200 was spent during the visits, Smith said. He said multiple visits were necessary so detectives could build trust with the operators.

Detectives shut down Moon Spa last month. The two suspected operators and three women accused of working there face several charges, including prostitution and sodomy, Smith said.

Smith maintained the sexual contact was necessary to obtain a conviction. But law enforcement officials say undercover officers only need to get an offer of sex for money to move the case forward.

Linkage:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,185270,00.html

Thought this was funny.... :mrgreen:
Support Israel!

SigSauer P239 .40SW
SigSauer P230 .380ACP
Glock G27 .40SW
SW Model 10-6 .38SPL

norfdet

Post by norfdet » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:34 pm

DAM!......Just when I was finding a reason to continue to go to work.

scottc

Job Perks

Post by scottc » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:59 pm

I know where I want to go to work. Damn... :n