Tactical Shotgun matches

This section of the forum will be dedicated to
Competitive shooting whether it's Cowboy Action, Silhouettes, CMP National
Match, IDPA, etc. etc.

Moderator: Doc@The-Armory

Redrum

Tactical Shotgun matches

Post by Redrum » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:36 am

At NCRR we hold a Tactical Shotgun match monthly from May to October. (I may extend that to November...weather permitting)

Usually there are 5 stages setup with a combination of steel targets or clay targets. We have some spinning props as well that are fun and challenging.

We run 3 separate divisions. Semi-Auto, Pump and Open. Any optics, comps or speedloaders will put your shotgun in the Open division.

Check out our website for some pics of previous matches.
http://www.ncrr.net/IDPA/PhotoAlbums/PhotoAlbums.htm

Topmaul

Post by Topmaul » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:34 am

Correction not Open it's the ADVANCED division. My gun is from Russia and it does not care how cold it is or what the weather conditions are. I would love to see some of those flintlocks freez up in the dead of winter. If that happens who knows I might win. Let's not be afraid of a little cold weather. Tell you what when there are ice cickles coming off the talley wacker then it's just right.

Redrum

Post by Redrum » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:10 am

"advanced"...Open...same thing!!! LOL

Hey...I'm hoping we get a good snow in Jan or Feb.....We haven't shot in the snow yet!!! LOL Usually I stop the shotgun matches in the winter months, but maybe this year we might have to put one on if we get a nice snow!!! On those Saturdays in the winter I usually hold the Compact matches...

We'll see.....

Topmaul

Post by Topmaul » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:43 pm

maybe I'll paint my Saiga white and call it the Siberian express!!!

Redrum

Post by Redrum » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:17 am

Just a reminder ...NCRR Tactical Shotgun match this Saturday, Oct 22!!! check out the website for more info!!

www.ncrr.net

Topmaul

Post by Topmaul » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:38 pm

Hey Redrum let's have a big round count this time it[s the last match of the year and last month's match was canceled!!! I will make every effort to make it there for the set up and clean up this time. Eric spends about 30 minutes a day practicing mag changes. We hope to have some new U.S. made 10 rounders by 19 Nov. Well I just can't wait three more weeks.

Redrum

Post by Redrum » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:17 am

I'll see what I can do!

Topmaul

Post by Topmaul » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:40 am

Redrum when do you plan to start setting up? I could take that Friday off and be out there to help you. Let me know.

Redrum

Post by Redrum » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:49 am

Ususally we start setting up at 3pm, but since it is getting darker earlier I think that maybe 2pm would be better. I more than likely will not be able to be there because I don't get off until 5pm. By the time I got to the range would be after 6pm...closer to 6:30. I will send out an e-mail that week to alert everyone as to the time...Thanks

Topmaul

Post by Topmaul » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:24 am

Any chance I can talk you into having a Match in March and or April?? I will be able to help you set it up and if needed take it down. My son got a new Saiga for Christmas had has not fired it yet.

Topmaul

Post by Topmaul » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:49 pm

http://cti3gun.com/ check this out I'm going

Topmaul

Post by Topmaul » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:09 pm

Well here is another match 22 July at NCRR come on out!