The ATF

Soapbox is a forum for people to comment on current events and culture.

Moderator: Doc@The-Armory

scottc

The ATF

Post by scottc » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:46 pm

Right now I am at my wits end. The ATF is slower than a constipated cow on a frosty December day in the middle of Alaska. How freaking long does it take for them to run a background check. There really is no question here, just wanted to vent. I know they are government officials and their actual work day only consists of maybe 15 minutes of actual work but I have had my paper work in since May. Now I would go and complain to my U.S. Senators, but I think that might do more harm than good, considering they are the less than honorable Chucky Schumer and Hitlerly Klinton of the People's Republic of New York. These traitorous varment are the lowest form of scum, right next to Jesse Jackson. Ok I am done. :mrgreen:

Diznuff

Post by Diznuff » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:20 am

Not sure what the background check is for but I am under the impression that in Virginia if they don't give an answer by the third day you apply for a firearm you are defaulted the purchase without a response from the ATF.

scottc

For me Supressor

Post by scottc » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:35 pm

I am waiting for my tax stamp from the ATF on my suppressor. These take a while, but come on, I could have built Rome faster.

oldsoldier

Post by oldsoldier » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:07 pm

I was told 8 to 12 months. I may be wrong though.
Old Soldier, RET.
Semper Fi
Oooh Rah
Get the UN out of the U.S. and the U.S. out of the UN.
Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs