Bill of Rights Day

Soapbox is a forum for people to comment on current events and culture.

Moderator: Doc@The-Armory

scottc

Bill of Rights Day

Post by scottc » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:35 am

December 15; today is the day all Americans should reflect on this unique document, The Bill of Rights, written by our founding fathers over 200 years. This extension of the Constitution was designed to further hold the people of our country responsible for themselves and limiting the role of government in our daily lives.

The men who penned the Bill of Rights are ahead of their time. But they knew what to future held. They knew all governments tend to grow in power and in scope. They set out to limit this the only way they knew how, by giving the people the power.

Throughout the years, the government has grown and invaded the areas specifically prohibited by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I hope the American people will wake up and see the mistake we are making by allowing the government to do for us what was never suppose to be its job.

I for one want to return to the principles outlined in this document. The Bill of Rights is the legacy left by the brave men of the original revolution and it is time we go back and live by their ideals.

Scott Cohen

Splitter

Post by Splitter » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:58 pm

I hear ya, but it's 2005. Our government is has gone so far away from what it was meant to be, fat chance that we'll ever see that kind of gov't again.
Support Israel!

SigSauer P239 .40SW
SigSauer P230 .380ACP
Glock G27 .40SW
SW Model 10-6 .38SPL