Oleg Volk, a gun owner's hero

Soapbox is a forum for people to comment on current events and culture.

Moderator: Doc@The-Armory

scottc

Oleg Volk, a gun owner's hero

Post by scottc » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:21 pm

Many of you may not know who Oleg Volk is. But my significant other who works next to me at the store every Friday night has talked with this man for over a year. His story is an inspirational one and can be found on his website http://www.a-human-right.com He is a graphic designer by trade, and a gun owner by birthright. Read his story and look at the graphics he has made over the years. My avatar is one of the many graphics he has produced.

One of my favorite quotes from his site talks about why gun control will never be successful in the United States. I only hope he is correct.

"The main indication that gun control in America has failed is the fact that its supporters are still alive. Millions of people who have invested in arms, training and lobbying in response to past restrictive legislation have no plans to surrender. If gun control efforts begin to infringe significantly on their ability to fight in the future, those who wish to disarm others will be killed.

The reason for such a blunt statement is that being a gun owner is made up of two components: posession of a weapon and posession of skills and training. One can surrender a gun but not the training.

That skill is the gun-banner's problem. It means that a person trained to use weapons will be able to make use of guns acquired in the future. He would also have a strong motivation to avenge the loss of his means of self-protection. Guns can be made, stolen, bought or taken off enemy casualties. Furthermore, tools other than guns can be used for offensive actions. A gun-banner would have to watch his back for the rest of his life.

The only solution to it would be gulags, prison camps or execution for the former gun owners. Soviets, for example, use a combination of the two approaches. Knowing that, gun owners cannot surrender their arms and expect to be left in peace. And the gun control fans cannot just remove the guns and expect to survive long after that.

Fortunately, we have a realistic perception of how terribly destructive a civil war would be. All other means of combating gun control - education, lobbying, moving to less restrictive jurisdictions will be tried first.

Some people dismiss the possibility of civilians going to war over abuses of their rights and actually winning. They say that a handgun is useless against an army. They are partly right: handguns are primarily for self-defense. For that reason, the 2nd Amendment covered all military weapons, as those were needed to check state tyranny.

Fortunately, the army on which the enemy is counting isn't eager to do their bidding. Much of the support for our rights (and for this web site) comes from the members of the armed forces and from police officers. If push comes to shove, at least part of this nation's soldiers will not be following orders."

IZZY_T

Post by IZZY_T » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:42 pm

Oleg is also Jewish. :mrgreen:

He's also a nice guy who tried to set me up with a cousin of his.

scottc

Post by scottc » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:02 pm

IZZY_T wrote:Oleg is also Jewish. :mrgreen:

He's also a nice guy who tried to set me up with a cousin of his.
Oleg has some hot ass friends, that is for sure. Nothing like seeing a naked women in tactical gear.

norfdet

Post by norfdet » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:37 pm

This thread is useless without pics.....

scottc

Post by scottc » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:54 pm

norfdet wrote:This thread is useless without pics.....
ok...

Anything showing more skin you will have to go and see for yourself.

http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/