Suppressor question

Discussion on news and events for suppressors.

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, RickL

Trey45

Suppressor question

Post by Trey45 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:58 pm

If i were to buy a suppressor here in Va, where I live, and move to NC, which I plan on doing next year, what exactly will I have to do in order to be completely legal in NC? If I'm approved for the Tax Stamp here in Va, would it stand to reason that I'd be approved in NC as well?
Thanks for any help guys.
I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.

Trey45

Post by Trey45 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:43 pm

50 people read this question and no one answers, yup, this forum is officially dead.
I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.

RickL

Re: Suppressor question

Post by RickL » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:11 pm

Trey45 wrote:If i were to buy a suppressor here in Va, where I live, and move to NC, which I plan on doing next year, what exactly will I have to do in order to be completely legal in NC? If I'm approved for the Tax Stamp here in Va, would it stand to reason that I'd be approved in NC as well?
Thanks for any help guys.
You have to file a Form 5320.20 (IIRC) to tell the ATF you moved. You also will need to comply with whatever state laws are in effect for NC. I think you have to have approval from the Sheriff to have the can, but don't quote me on that.

Rick