ATF NFA Branch

Discussion on news and events for suppressors.

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, RickL

scottc

ATF NFA Branch

Post by scottc » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:17 pm

Some good news out of the ATF, it seems they are getting their act together processing forms and background checks for Class III items faster since they moved to West Virginia. I guess Class III collectors can be prepared to wait 3 to 4 months rather than the nearly six months or more it was taking in the recent past. I am hoping the new office will get the time down to less than two months if not quicker. But this might be wishful thinking, kind of like the Mets winning the World Series next year, hey it could happen.

On a side note, we were discussing this in the store the other day. If you submit finger print cards for a NFA item the cards are good for one year. Marie Correct me if I misunderstood you. But if this correct this will cut out one step for all you avid collectors.

Marie
Site Admin

Post by Marie » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:05 pm

One of our customers was talking to a local NFA agent who telecommutes and he told me that she said (all hearsay) that if you have submitted fingerprint cards during the year that the cards are good for a full year. Now, you will have to make a note indicating which forms (serial numbers, dates, etc.) you sent in with the cards. I'll try to get more info from my customer when he gets back from out of town. Marie