Ak-47 Scope

General discussion of all rifles and shotguns.

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, dave

diznuff

Ak-47 Scope

Post by diznuff » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:43 pm

I live in chesapeake and was wondering if you guys carry any scopes for a Romanian SAR-1? a dust cover mounted would be preffered.

Redrum

Post by Redrum » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:54 pm

You don't want a dust mounted scope....They will NEVER stay zeroed. If you have a SAR-1 then you want a side mounted one. They stay zeroed.

Topmaul

Post by Topmaul » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:24 pm

I have a side mount that I want to get rid of if you want I'll adjust it to fit on your rifle it's a high mount I like the low mount better. The thing about side mounts is that they need to be properly adjusted for tightness. If you over tighten it you can break it if you have it too loose it can fall off. Once some one shows you how to do it you'll see that it is very simple but if no one shows you well it's hard to figure out on your own. $25.00 and I'll throw in a ChiCom Red dot. NC STAR it really sucks but you might get a few rounds through it.

This side mount has a Weaver rail so you can use standard scope rings and put what ever scope you want on it.

Those stupid dust cover mounts really suck because when the bolt carrier hits the back of the reciever well there went your zero. A friend of mine had one on a Krinkov and it lasted two shots and his zero was screwed, he had to use use the iron sites.

I use the side mount in my SAIGA Shotgun and it holds up fine.

Villimus Rex

Post by Villimus Rex » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:26 am

I have yet to find a scope mount for an AK that really worked well. Perhaps the "Ultimak" rails will be better, I have not played with one yet. To date the only optical sight I have seen for an AK that is worth a hoot is the Russain "Kobra" holographic sight. I believe this is one of their military sights, K-Var used to sell them.

Topmaul

Post by Topmaul » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:03 am

I have A BP-02 http://www.tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstmounts.html low mount side rail that works fine it's just that you have to know how to adjust it, the clamp to your side rail mount and it is not easy to figure out with out instructions, most side rail mounts do not come with instructions. Once properly adjusted they work fine. People complian, I put the scope on my AK and fired 20 rounds and the scope mount fell off. Or I had my scope mount on for a fewdays and it broke what a POS. I know one gun shop that will not sell them side mount. The owner is too proud to admit that there are things he does not know everything.

http://www.tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/p ... tments.htm this should help. If you follow these instructins you'll have no problems.
http://www.tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstkobra.html For all things AK Tantal is the man. Here is a link to the Russian Kobra Good Luck

hotrodman

Post by hotrodman » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:01 pm

so what the best scope it get for the ak 47 rom, type? post me a pic.please