10/17 HMR Ruger

General discussion of all rifles and shotguns.

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, dave

Harley

10/17 HMR Ruger

Post by Harley » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:11 am

Ruger has redesigned the 10/22 to make a 17 HMR. But I have not been able to locate one to save my life. Has anyone seen one. I really don't want to modify a 10/22 mag to get one. Though I do know its been done. They were supposed to have already released it to the public and I know someone who saw one in Vegas at one of the shows last year. Please if anyone knows where I can find one I have to have it. :P
Seems like no one has the money to do it right the first time but everyone has the money to do it twice!

Marie
Site Admin

Post by Marie » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:07 pm

Nope, can't find anything on my major Ruger Distributor's website. We've had the 77 in 17 HMR. Nice rifle. I wonder what's happened to the 10/22? I'll check up on it for you. Marie

Harley

Post by Harley » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:21 pm

I just found out that Ruger is having trouble with the bolts falling apart in testing. They are still going to produce it but no schedule for them to resume production. Story had it that the higher pressure of the 17 HMR is just to much for the standard old 22 mag bolt. Which throws a kink in my idea to convert an existing mag rifle. Oh well just have to wait for Ruger to finish R&D.
Seems like no one has the money to do it right the first time but everyone has the money to do it twice!

Marie
Site Admin

Post by Marie » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:07 pm

Amazing how many products that are advertised heavily a YEAR before they even plan to get any out, never get to dealer's shelves. We're still waiting for the Springfield Scout 410 Pistol! Sorry about the 17/22 but Ruger does have a nice 77 in 17. One of our employees bought a New England Firearm Sportster in 17 and put a really nice scope on it and he loves it. I've heard that his dad shot a deer with it in Indiana. I won a Marlin 17 from a distributor who was having a Marlin Discount Day and just because I bought one for the store, I was entered into the drawing. Of course, haven't had time to go out and shoot it however, need to get a scope on it too. Good luck with the 17s! Marie