WTB Saiga .223

General discussion of all rifles and shotguns.

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, dave

Topmaul

WTB Saiga .223

Post by Topmaul » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:45 pm

If anyone has a lightly used Saiga .223 please let me know

BigBill

Post by BigBill » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:42 pm

The new Saiga's are just hitting the racks in some of the gun shops right now. I'm also finding "like new" Saiga's in the used gun racks too in both the 308win and in .223 and you can also get some great bargains on those too. Either way you go you can't go wrong with a Saiga. They are the hottest thing to hit our shores since the very first chinese sks did in the late 70's. :r When i first shot my saiga in 308 i had the same feeling i had when i shot my chinese sks for the very first time too; WOW this is AWESOME!!!! Trust me all you have to do is to shoot one just once and you will see it too. The people in Russia at Izhmash focused on making the Saiga more accurate than its AK brothers and they have done it. We now have Saiga sporters that have the reliability, dependability and the quality of a russian AK47 and its accurate for hunting even with iron sites. My 308win Saiga can shoot 1 1/2" groups @ 100yds with south african ball FMJ ammo and i'm sure she can tighten it up even more with quality reloads. The Saiga in .223 is a fun shooter too with wolf fmj ammo. For the price tag for around $300 these can't be beat.

McKirdyP

Post by McKirdyP » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:49 pm

Where is the best place to get a Saiga in the Tidewater area?
Life is just the beginning!

scottc

Can't get them

Post by scottc » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:57 pm

McKirdyP wrote:Where is the best place to get a Saiga in the Tidewater area?
Right now there is no way to get them, at least new. There are of course used ones floating around, not too many of them though. Try Gunbroker.Com.

Marie
Site Admin

Post by Marie » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:12 pm

The Armory will be stocking them again as soon as we can actually order them in from the distributors. We met the RAA people at the Shot Show and they seem very up front and serious about getting the firearms in and to the distributors as soon as possible. We look forward to getting some more in.

scottc

Thank Marie

Post by scottc » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:43 pm

I did not know they finally got their import issues taken care of. Good to hear that. Great rifles at an excellent price.

McKirdyP

Re: Can't get them

Post by McKirdyP » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:13 am

scottc wrote:
Right now there is no way to get them, at least new. There are of course used ones floating around, not too many of them though. Try Gunbroker.Com.
I was at Hampton this past weekend and Darksun had them NIB. In retrospect I am glad I got a ride from a friend and forgot both my voter's registration card and my vehicle registration. I would rather wait and buy it from The Armory anyway :) 8) ;) . Even though I buy ALL my ammunition from The Armory I haven't yet purchased a weapon from y'all.

To further note I am really really wanting to buy the Saiga 16" .308 :D!

McKirdyP

Post by McKirdyP » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:51 am

Are we there yet?

scottc

Re: Can't get them

Post by scottc » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:41 pm

McKirdyP wrote:
scottc wrote:
I was at Hampton this past weekend and Darksun had them NIB. In retrospect I am glad I got a ride from a friend and forgot both my voter's registration card and my vehicle registration. I would rather wait and buy it from The Armory anyway :) 8) ;) . Even though I buy ALL my ammunition from The Armory I haven't yet purchased a weapon from y'all.

To further note I am really really wanting to buy the Saiga 16" .308 :D!
I saw that too and I am told we should be getting the Saigas in soon.

BigBill

Post by BigBill » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:17 pm

The Saiga in 308win with the 16" barrel is the hot ticket I like it but the Saiga in .223rem with the 16" barrel is fun too. Don't miss out on this Brand New Russian Izhmash Saiga Sporter its a brand new AK in a sporter wrapper.....

BTW; I have used a moly based Anti-Seize and moly as a lube in my guns for many years. It elimates all wear, reduces friction and prevents galling. It stays were you put it and stays wet and doesn't attract dirt. It works into the small pores of the metal so there is no metal to metal contact its moly against moly thus no wear. The bluing on the rails will show no sign of any wear at all even if the gun is well used as long as its lubed with moly it will never show wear. I put it on the bolt carrier/bolt, recoil spring, gas piston/tube and the trigger sear. Its a whole different gun when its lubed with moly. It cycles faster and smoother plus the trigger pull is 50% less right away and even less as it works in. Its like getting a trigger job just by using a lube.
This is a big plus if your gun has a chrome lined barrel and chamber because most likey the guns receiver will show wear before the barrel does. Using moly entends the gun receivers life just like the chrome lined bore and chamber extends the life of the barrel so the gun should last a very long time, well past my lifetime. I do not plan on replacing my guns because i shoot them. I plan on handing down my guns to the future generations in my family too. So my great, great grand kids will enjoy the hobby i started too.
Its a big investment we make everytime we purchase a gun so isn't moly worth an extra $25 so they don't wearout? Moly my guns never leave home without it.

You can use it in bolt action rifles, semi-auto rifles, revolvers, pistols and shotguns too any place were there is metal to metal contact. I have used moly since the early 70's. I have nothing to do with the sales or production of moly but i do have a battle against wear when it can be prevented by using just a lube.

scottc

Wally's oil

Post by scottc » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:55 pm

The stuff is the best I have seen out there. I love the stuff.

norfdet

Post by norfdet » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:54 pm

Is there a pic of this rifle anywhere?

BigBill

Post by BigBill » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:10 am

My local dealer has the 308 and .223 saiga's for the last few weeks already and he's sold out of the .223 saiga's already. These are the hot ticket right now for sure!!!!

For pics go to: www.raacfirearms.com

To get an idea on prices go to; www.saigacentral.com The prices may vary in your area too.

Remember these are the hottest thing to hit our shores since the very first chinese norinco sks did in the late 70's but the saiga's will catch on quicker because of the internet and probably become more popular too. We have to keep in mind too were getting a brand new russian AK thats in a sporter wrapper, its not a rework or somebody's rearsenal job its a brand new russian quality gun.

Once you moly up your new saiga it will cycle faster and smoother its a different gun by using just a lube. I use (at TS-moly.com) the TS-70 moly i get it at mcmaster carr industrial supply on the net its in there anti-seize section its the premium blend anit-seize they will send you the TS70 moly.

McKirdyP

Post by McKirdyP » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:49 pm

But which local dealer has these wonderful rifles! :)

scottc

We had one

Post by scottc » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:13 pm

McKirdyP wrote:But which local dealer has these wonderful rifles! :)
Well we got a 308 Saiga in and it lasted all of 15 minutes on the shelf. So it looks like we'll be getting more in.