The Armory's 10th Anniversary!

Information From The Staff

Moderators: Doc@The-Armory, dave

Marie
Site Admin

The Armory's 10th Anniversary!

Post by Marie » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:43 am

Wow, it just doesn't seem like 10 years have gone by since Bill talked me into making this little storefront our new store. We started with barely anything in it except SKSs and now look where we are! We didn't even have a lit up sign for the first couple of years but people actually found us anyway. We really appreciate those early customers, especially the ones who've stuck around and helped us grow into the store we are today. Anybody have any memories of the first couple of years they'd like to share? Anybody who's been in there lately probably won't believe it but one Saturday when we first opened, Mike and I sat there all day and only sold ONE box of ammo all day! A little discouraging to say the least. The other guys were at a gun show however so the next few days got rather busy. We only opened from 4 PM til 9PM so that Bill and I could get there from our other jobs - school librarian and engineering field rep for NavAir. Thanks guys for a wonderful 10 years so far!!!!! Marie

cbsamscan

10 Year Anniverseary of The-Armory

Post by cbsamscan » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:24 am

Congratulations on the ten year anniversary of The-Armory :!:
May you all continue to prosper in the years ahead :wink:

marcw

Post by marcw » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:08 pm

Congratulations! It's easy to understand why you've been successful. When you are in the shop it's casual and friendly with an outstanding selection to boot!

Keep up the good work.

Splitter

Post by Splitter » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:20 pm

Congrats!!

I only come out there about once a month, but I love the little store. All kinds of stuff you don't normally see. Since I'm a new handgun enthusiast, I'm amazed at the range of items you guys have. Handguns from all over the world, rifles, etc...

Keep up the good work... I'll keep coming by!

<--the guy who ordered a case of .357Sig a few months ago and had it shipped to Norfolk.. how'd I know you guys were in VA anyways?!!! :mrgreen:
Support Israel!

SigSauer P239 .40SW
SigSauer P230 .380ACP
Glock G27 .40SW
SW Model 10-6 .38SPL

Wayne The Shrink

Post by Wayne The Shrink » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:10 pm

Congrats, Bill and Marie! I remember those awful hours. Me being a morning person, who works until 8pm most nights, they weren't very convienient. Even so, The Armory was and is more friendly and helpful than the other places in town.

I'm probably your worst customer. I don't shoot military guns (except my Maks) and reload almost all my own ammo. I bet I've given Bill S his most difficult jobs (H&R 999 and my Martini action he's still working on) though. Gotta keep him on his toes!
There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me.