If you are a local customer and wish to transfer in a firearm whether you've purchased a gun off of Gunbroker or another online vendor - or you are transferring a firearm from another state, we can be your FFL Dealer of choice to receive the firearm. See below for details
INCOMING FFL Transfers (You are Having a Firearm Shipped Here)
1. First and foremost, please review the Virginia State Police requirements on purchasing a firearm in this state and confirm you are elegible to possess a firearm: http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_PurchaseEligibility.shtm. Be aware that we can only transfer a firearm to a VIRGINIA RESIDENT. The only exception to this is if you are active duty military and you are stationed in Virginia at a Permanent Duty Station. To go this route, you must produce a copy of your orders that place you in Virginia and they must not have exceeded their stated rotation date. If your orders have expired but you are still operating in Virginia, you must in addition provide a letter of extension on letterhead from your command. You must also provide your military credentials and your home state Driver's License or Identification card regardless of you're orders being expired or not.
2. Note that we ONLY accept incoming FFL Transfers from established FFL Businesses, we do NOT accept transfers from personal FFL holders, "Table top FFL Dealers", or individual C&R FFL Holders. Also note that we do not accept transfers from vendors and dealers who drop ship firearms. If you are unsure if the sender that you are receiving the firearm from falls into any of these categories please don't hesitate to give us a call and verify.
3. Once you confirm eligibility in steps 1 and 2, come visit us at our retail storefront (Click Here for Directions) and advise one of the sales associate you wish to have a firearm transferred in. The sales associate will then provide you with a transfer form, this form must be filled out and submitted to us PRIOR to the firearm being shipped to us. Shipping a firearm to The Armory without a completed transfer form will delay your ability to pick up your firearm.
4. Once we receive the completed transfer form, we will contact the sending FFL and once we exchange and verify licensing status, the firearm will then be shipped to us. Once we receive the firearm and process it (processing can take anywhere from 1-3 business days upon receiving package), we will contact you advising that your firearm is ready for pickup. If you are not aware of what credentials you require in order to purchase/transfer a firearm in the state of Virginia, please give us a call and we can advise you of what you need to bring. Not providing the correct or sufficient credentials will prevent you from picking up your firearm.
5. The cost of the transfer in is $30 for the transfer and $2 for the Virginia State Police background check ($32 Total). Once your background check clears and you have paid the transfer fee, you may take possession of your firearm.
OUTGOING FFL Transfer (You are Shipping a Firearm Out)
1. Confirm that ther person you are sending the firearm to can legally possess a firearm and that said firearm is legal in the location it is being sent to. Consult with local authroties where the firearm will be shipped to for details.
2. Note that we only send firearms to established FFL Businesses and will not send to personal FFL holders, "Table top FFL Dealers", or individual C&R FFL Holders. If you are unsure if the receiving party falls into any of these categories please don't hesitate to give us a call and verify.
3. Once you confirm eligibility in steps 1 and 2, come visit us at our retail storefront (Click Here for Directions) and advise one of the sales associate you wish to have a firearm transferred out. The sales associate will then provide you with a transfer form that must be filled out with the receiving FFL's information. Shipping costs will be determined at the store as it will need to be measured for packaging.
4. Once we receive the completed transfer form, we will contact the receiving FFL and exchange/verify licensing status we will pack the firearm and ship it.
5. The cost of the transfer is $30 plus calculated shipping costs. (Will be calculated in store)